Hello, GSPOA owners,
It has been a while since our last update, so we wanted to provide one. Since our Annual General Meeting and update on October 18, we have not had any E.coli hits and continue to get satisfactory coliform results. We are still under a Department of Health boil advisory. Bring water to a rolling boil for one minute and let cool before using.
Thank you to those who have volunteered to serve on a committee! It’s the first time in GSPOA history that we’ve had such great participation.
- The Water Committee has met and is currently soliciting quotes from contractors for the spring box repair (known as “Phase 1”) and for engineering quotes on possible treatment options (known as “Phase 2”). The committee will make recommendations to the board and once those are approved, the board will send out a special meeting notice to discuss and vote on possible expenses and work. Anything over $10,000 needs to be approved by members.
- In the coming months, the committee is identifying and fixing leaks around the water system. We are also in the process of getting bids for hazard tree removal around the tanks and spring box area. We hope to start that work in late January.
- The Finance Committee will be meeting in a few weeks. The Finance and Water Committees will be working closely together on all project budgets/cash forecasting.
- By-Laws and Covenants Committee is being scheduled.
- Zoning Committee will be scheduled soon as well.